Melissa Kaylene: Art, my love.
Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Art, my love.




I love art.
I couldn't tell you anything about art history.
I only know a few big artist names.
I have only taken two art classes at the community college....ten years ago.
 
What I love about art is the freedom.
I don't have to have things a certain way.
No one is telling me how to do it, for I fully believe there is no right or wrong way.
I can use whatever medium I like, and I love to mix them up.
 
I have a very limiting attention span, so when I finally get a chance to sit down and create, I want to start and finish the piece in one sitting.
 
I've never worked much on canvas before, but I was cleaning out my closet last month and found this 16x20. So Monday night I went all out. Pencil, Pen, glitter, acrylic, and yes, fingernail polish.
 
I need to create more. It inspires me. It makes me happy. I encourage you to schedule a time to do something just for you. It's worth it, I promise.
 
~Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, honey! You know, that gives me an idea for your blog....have your fans take a day to create and share what they did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely painting! I love that you did some of it with nail polish! :-)

    ReplyDelete