Melissa Kaylene: Organization Inspiration! :)
Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

Organization Inspiration! :)

Monday is here! I had a fabulous Father's Day BBQ with the family, and today the girls started a week of VBS. Never a dull moment around here! So, it was brought to my attention by a couple of wonderful people who stopped by to read my blog, that I didn't have a button for people to click to follow me! Well, I apologize as I am still pretty new at this ;). There is now a follow me button on my side bar so you can keep up with my posts!

 Today I want to show you something simple I did a couple months ago that has really helped with organizing. We have a small house. Our laundry room, which really isn't a room...it's more like a closet that fits our appliances in it with cupboards above...well, long story short, after Noah was born, I lost whatever little area I had for my computer and crafts. I needed somewhere that I could access some of my office/paper supplies easily. I also had been eyeballing inside the laundry room. There was one wall that would work. I went to Home Depot and bought a small wire rack, and then another one that holds mops and brooms...and with a little help from the hubby ( I hadn't installed anything before!) I managed to put it up... and filled it with all of my crafty stuff. I also claimed the cupboard next to it, to hold all of my office paper and envelopes etc. Now, its not perfect that's for sure, but at least I have a little section that I know where to put things, and more importantly where to find things!


Messy Laundry Room!


Hard at work, or hardly working? :)
The final results!


As you can see from this picture, I still had some extra room on the rack. Not so the case now ;). The pencil holders on the left...those are old green bean cans that were cleaned and covered in decorative paper. It's crazy how something so simple can help so much, isn't it?


I am a creative person, and not naturally the most organized. Having three children makes organization more difficult, but even more necessary. If you have kids, you know what I mean. Everyone needs a little organization in their lives, it helps save us lots of time, and makes us feel more accomplished. Up next, my kitchen cabinets, and my garage (EEK!) which is on my Summer To-Do list.
 

Until next time,


Melissa






5 comments:

  1. It's always amazing how having a little organization center like that really helps! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a laundry "closet" as well. I'm pinning things to use the space more efficiently.
    If not, I can always paint and hang a chandelier!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I love a good organizational project. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful!! Feels good to be organized! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete