Melissa Kaylene: Lunch time? Fun Time!
Image Map

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lunch time? Fun Time!

Wow! I cannot believe that it is May already! This year is just flying by! So, I don't know about you, but I always thought kids were supposed to love PB&J sandwiches, right? Well, mine seem complain about nearly everything that is placed on a plate in front of them unless it either is ice cream, or there is sprinkles and whipped cream on top, and generally then they will just lick the whipped cream off! SO, I have an epiphany the other day, and while I was spreading the peanut butter on the bread decided that today was not going to be another ordinary sandwich day, but today would be a kabob sandwich day! I scoured the cupboards looking for something to stack the sandwiches with, and found dried banana chips and leftover Easter marshmallows.... and here was the results.....

 
PB&J pieces


 
Peanut Butter and Jelly kabobs with dried bananas and Bunny marshmallows :)
 


 
One happy kid...
 
 
#2 happy kid...

#3 happy kid with his mouth full!

So, they were a big hit, in fact, the kids loved them so much they wanted them for lunch the next day, AND the girls made them all by themselves! They opted for fresh bananas though (didn't like the dried ones) and also omitted the marshmallows. The sky is the limit though, just look into your cupboards and see what fun foods you can stack together to make the kids a little more excited about lunchtime!

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! But then you are always full of them! LOL I would have never thought of that. The only suggestion I had ever read was to put their veggies in a smoothie along with the fruit so they couldn't tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would SO try that, except for the fact that half of the time when I make smoothies, they don't drink them! What kid doesn't like a smoothie?? Crazy kiddos...

    ReplyDelete