Melissa Kaylene: DIY Easy Tealight Candle Holders
Image Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DIY Easy Tealight Candle Holders

easy tealight candle holders

Today's post will be short and sweet, for lack of time and more pictures.... I wanted to show you what I have sitting on my windowsill which is above the kitchen sink. They may not look super spectacular, but they are fun, and kinda cute. What are they? Tea light candle holders. What are they made from? Recycled glass jars. Two of them were from old candles that I cleaned out, and the other were food jars.


Here's what I used:

Hot Glue Gun
Twine
Glitter Spray (I used Halloween gold hair glitter! You can use whatever you want, or have available!)

(1) First, I thoroughly cleaned and dried the jars.
(2) Next I made a solid glue line vertically up the back of the jar,
(3) then I carefully and somewhat quickly wrapped the twine around the jar.
(4) Then I sprayed with glitter, and viola'!

candle craft idea

They are kinda fun because the twine frays and so it doesn't have to be perfect. The candlelight looks really cool when its dark and it peeks through. And even though you can't see it in this picture very well, the glitter adds just a cute little shimmer to them. These would be fun to make in different sizes for perhaps a backyard beach party or BBQ for a simple cute decoration!

~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment